As widely expected, Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani has sounded the bugle for the company’s 4G services at the company’s annual general meeting (AGM) on Thursday. Ambani called the company’s 4G LTE network largest in the world.The much anticipated 4G VoLTE service will offer data tariffs at never before prices and make voice calls completely free, unprecedented in the Indian market.
Under the company’s welcome offer, the entire Reliance Jio services — including voice, apps, 4G services — to be available for free to everyone starting September 5th to December 31 2016. The Reliance Jio data packs give users an access to free voice calls and Jio premium apps. Jio Premium apps include JioPlay, JioOnDemand, JioBeats, JioMags, JioXpressNews, JioDrive, JioSecurity and JioMoney. Reliance Jio data packs with access to Jio premium apps is free till December 31, 2017. Users will be charged as per these data packs after December 31.
Here are key highlights from his address to the shareholders.
- Makes voice calls FREE, No Jio customer will have to pay for voice calling
- Reliance Jio roaming charges will be ‘Zero‘ within India
- Jio base rate will be 1/10th of other players on data at Rs 50 per GB
- Reliance Jio data to have only 10 data plans
- Announces student discount, students to get 25% more data
- Promises peak download speed of upto 135 MBPS on Reliance Jio network
- Jio’s app booking, worth Rs 15,000 for an annual subscription, will be available free for all active Jio customers till December 31, 2017
- Jio is an entire eco-system that’ll allow Indians to live digital life to the fullest: Mukesh Ambani
- Reliance Jio offers largest 4G LTE network in the world
- Aim is to move India from data shortage to data abundance
Comments are closed.